As a teacher embarking on a new teaching year, the New Year is a beautiful opportunity for you to reflect on what you’ve done in the previous years and what you hope to achieve in the coming months.
This is just the right time to adequately plan how to achieve harmony between your career and personal goals.
Making a New Year resolution simply means making a promise to yourself to do something different in the New Year.
Meanwhile, as a teacher, your resolution is even more crucial compared to an average person. Considering the high levels of stress and excessive workloads.
To make an efficient and realistic New Year resolution this year, you need to picture what you really want to achieve this year. You need to also know why you want to achieve them and draft feasible steps that can take you to where you want to see yourself.
The following are the top six New Year resolutions every teacher is encouraged to try.
1. Organize and plan your activities: Now is an opportunity to get your classroom organized. Your responsibilities as a teacher can be overwhelming. So you need to put things in other by breaking up your goals into smaller tasks to make them easier to achieve. This will help you
2. Healthy work-life balance: While drafting out your goals and plans for the year, don’t forget to include some time for yourself too. While creating time for your school activities, also create time for yourself and your loved ones. Try not to take work home.
3. Upskill and learn new skills: In this New Year be determined to learn new skills and add more value to yourself. Focus on your personal development plans and career goals.
4. Spice up your classroom activities: Find a way to spice up your normal classroom activities. Infuse new creative ways and see the spark and enthusiasm from your students.
You can try out new technology, application or instructional technique each month to keep things new and challenging for your students and yourself as well.
5. Reignite your teaching passion: The New Year presents a time for you to reignite your teaching passion. Try to spice up your teaching styles and try out new methods and approaches. This will make your classroom fun and engaging.
6. Integrate technology into the classroom: The world is going digital and for you as a teacher to ease unnecessary work stress, technology can reduce the burden and help you maximize your time. Learn how to use modern technologies to enhance your teaching and assessment and make things easier for yourself.
achieving your new year’s resolutions as a teacher will take time and energy. Be kind to yourself whenever you stumble and celebrate any and all progress along the way.
After reading through our suggestions, what resolutions have you decided to make this New Year, 2023?
Don’t forget that you don’t have to achieve all of the above-listed New Year’s resolutions at once, instead, consider at least one or two and be determined to stick to them!
After all, a happy teacher is a more effective teacher!
Good luck and have a great year ahead!