Learning doesn’t just start in school or in any formal education setting. It is what everyone starts doing immediately after birth. Learning how to take the first step, how to run, how to talk, and lots more.
All these things we learn from the childhood stage come with so much passion and excitement before the need for one to go to a more formal education setting arises. This excitement creates and sparks interest as well as the passion to learn. This passion consistently creates the drive the want the thirst to learn more, to show up each day and try again. Every stage of learning something new needs to be backed up with passion. There should be an innate zeal to learn more so that the education process can be swift, effective, and efficient.
Passion is contagious. Passion simply means a very powerful or strong fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything. Passion for learning can then be seen as having a very powerful enthusiasm or desire to learn.
This enthusiasm is exactly what every dedicated teacher always looks forward to. To see that excitement and hunger to learn in the eyes of their students. When learning is paired with passion, magic happens.
Therefore igniting this zeal for knowledge and stirring students’ imagination should be at the foremind of every passionate teacher. Being able to motivate students to have an undiluted passion for learning is the biggest task and challenge for any teacher.
When teachers are able to overcome the challenges, they will be able to achieve the following:
1. Promote hard work among students.
2. Make learning more enjoyable.
3. Learning becomes effective and efficient.
4. Make for easy assimilation and retention of what is taught.
5. Motivate students to love learning and become self-learners.
One may ask, how then can you be able to ignite the passion for learning in children?
As educators seeking effective ways to ignite the passion for learning in students, the following steps will guide you.
- Improve the learning condition: Providing a conducive learning environment helps to promote adequate understanding. A good environment has a big way of motivating students and enhancing their passion for gaining new knowledge.
- Get to know your students: When you study your students, you will be able to establish what your students are interested in. This gives room for you to give the right and effective motivation.
- Be passionate about learning: Nobody can give what they don’t have. Therefore, for you to be able to ignite this passion in your students, you need to also be passionate about it. Motivate your students by talking about how you also go about comprehending new things.
- Let students take charge: When students understand that they are in control of part of their own education process, it spurs their imaginative ability and makes the knowledge stick better. In that way, they will have time to practicalize what they have learned.
- Provision of adequate resources: With the right resources, you will be able to captivate and retain the attention of students in your class. They help to spur students’ interest and leave a lasting impact in the minds of the students.
- Make learning Fun: Exciting classes interest students. When the lecture is fun they will tend to look forward to it. Find a way to relate the topics to real-life scenarios in a way it will be relatable to the learners.
A renowned author, Anthony J. D’Angelo once said “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.”
When teachers are able to spark the desire to learn in the minds of their students it makes learning effective and complete.
Check out our catalogue and explore our world of literature.
Click this link to know more about us here!